comScore released their White Paper The 2010 U.S. Digital Year in Review this week. It's available to download for free (you have to provide some basic information) and contains information on Social Networking Trends & Demographics, Top Search Terms, the Online Video Market and the Mobile Market, as well as a look ahead at 2011. Just a few of the interesting facts available:
- Cyber Monday (Monday, November 29, 2010) surpassed $1 billion for the first time--$1.028 billion
- 2010 was the year for group buying (though you probably didn't need an official report to you that) with Groupon jumping over 712% over 2009; LivingSocial is a close second jumping 438%
- In 2010 9 out of 10 Internet users visited a social networking site each month with the average user spending about 4.5 hours a month on these sites
- Facebook grew 38% and became the 4th most visited web property
- The percentage of us who watch TV online continues to grow with Hulu leading the pack--up 17% over last year
- About 27% of us own Smartphones
As you can see, White Papers can be a great source of information and lots of companies provide them freely available on their websites.