Each week we round up a few interesting articles, reports and presentations that we believe are of particular interest in the VC/Startup Industry.
- The Internet of Things: Making sense of the next mega-trend, Goldman Sachs. "28 billion reasons to care…The Internet of Things (IoT) is emerging as the third wave in the development of the Internet. The 1990s’ fixed Internet wave connected 1 billion users while the 2000s’ mobile wave connected another 2 billion. The IoT has the potential to connect 10X as many (28 billion) 'things' to the Internet by 2020, ranging from bracelets to cars."
- Startup Cardinal Sins--Under-Pricing Your Product Offering, Forbes
- 101 Startup Failure Post-Mortems, CB Insights. "No survivorship bias here. A compilation of startup failure post-mortems by founders and investors."
- Meet Ello, the social network that wants to be the anti-Facebook, CNET. "The website has only been available to the public for a little over a month, but it's already gaining attention among tech elite."
- Why it’s critical to find early customers outside of Silicon Valley, VentureBeat
- Midlife crisis? Not for these entrepreneurs starting again, Orange County Register. "Motivated by boredom, burnout or a brilliant idea, more mid-career professionals are waving goodbye to comfort zones and launching second acts. "